Bookings are made and accepted only on the following conditions:
1. 16 degrees south, hereinafter called “the Agency”, act only as agents for the owners of the accommodation (“the Owner”). In all circumstances the Contract of Letting is between the guest (“the Guest”) and the Owner.
2. The Agency’s policy is for one booking only for the entire Property.
3. The Owner is solely responsible for providing the accommodation and for the safety of all Guests and/or his/her invitees (jointly known as “the Holidaymakers”). The Agency accepts no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, any Holidaymakers, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which the Agency has no control, except to the extent such personal injury or death is caused by the negligence or wilful default of the Agent.
4. This agreement is made on the basis that the property (“the Property”) is to be occupied by the Holidaymakers and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
5. All bookings will be required to pay a deposit of 50% of the total booking amount (“Deposit”) if booking more than 4 weeks in advance. If the booking request is less than 4 weeks in advance, the full amount of the booking is to be paid.
6. We recommend that Holiday Travel Insurance Damage Protection and Cancellation Insurance be taken out when making a Booking even when payment is made in full.
7. No bookings are valid until confirmed by the Agency in writing after the Deposit has been received and cleared.
8. Once a booking is confirmed by the Agency, the Guest is responsible for the full balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid not later than 4 weeks before the booking is due to commence.
9. A Credit Card Guarantee or Cash Bond (“Bond”) of AUD $500 is required prior to arrival. The Bond is fully refundable less any bank fees and charges at the completion of the tenancy period subject to a satisfactory inspection of the property.
10. Invoices or Receipts shall only be provided on request.
11. Confirmation and check in information will be provided once the booking is confirmed.
12. Any request to cancel must be put in writing to the Agency in the first instance.
13. All cancellations incur an AUD $25 administration fee (“Administration Fee”). Bookings cancelled over 3 months in advance will receive the full amount refunded less the Administration Fee and any bank fees and charges. Bookings cancelled between 1 month and 3 months in advance will receive 50% of the Deposit less the Administration Fee and any bank fees and charges. No refund will be provided for cancellations within 1 month of arrival.
14. No refund will be provided if the Guest has not cancelled the booking and does not arrive at the Property.
15. The Agency reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above the Administration Fee and Deposit will be refunded. However, if the Agency is unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday, and (if applicable) the Deposit.
16. In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as fire or flooding), the Agency will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
17. A Guest requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed will be charged AUD $25 if a revised confirmation is required.
18. The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The Holidaymaker must report and pay to the Owner the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy.
19. The Agency and the Owners reserve the right to make a charge where the Holidaymakers have contravened an Owner’s request for their property to be smoke free or if the Property requires additional cleaning above and beyond normal housekeeping.
20. The Holidaymakers right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:-
a. More people than declared at the time of booking or before the commencement of the holiday to the Agency and/or the number the Property holds, attempt to take up occupation.
b. Pets are brought onto the Property without prior written approval from the Agency
c. Overnight guests are entertained without the Owner’s express permission.
d. Any activity is undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
e. Smoking in a designated “No Smoking” property.
f. If the Property, in the opinion of the Owner, is not being kept in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
21. In situations as noted in Clause 20 , the Owner reserves the right to evict the Holidaymakers from the Property and terminate the agreement without recourse of compensation or refund of monies to the Holidaymakers. A minimum of 24 hours’ notice will be given to the Holidaymakers to depart the Property after which the Holidaymakers shall be deemed to be trespassing.
22. In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a Property, the matter shall be taken up with the Owner/Caretaker at once. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, when the Holidaymakers have denied the Owners/Caretakers or the Agency the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
23. The Owner or his representative shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
24. The Guest is to always pre-arrange late check outs at a minimum 48 hours prior to the check-out date.
25. We have compiled the information on our website www.16degreessouth.vu (“the Website”) as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside the Agency’s control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility. We make every effort to ensure that the property details supplied to us by the Owners are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to booking.
26. The Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/photograph on the Website and the actual property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the property not conform to the Holidaymaker’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.